Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The last week of September


5 days left till my October theme. For the month of October I will be concentrating on public sculpture work in Toronto. I have felt that this has been a neglected part of our urban environment. There have been a disproportionate amount of sculpture in comparison to private development in Toronto, and I feel the best way to show how important it is to our urban environment is to show the places that have presented great public work and spaces already in our city.
But first we must now finish the month of September and walk gracefully into cool and crisp fall, with cardigans if you wish, but also with a new light of wet dawn mornings, and blindingly early sunsets

Tuesday the 18th
 I was organizing my studio, going through the years of work I have done since moving to Toronto, and I found a folder of work that had some older promo cards for past shows.
 Thursday the 19th
I decided to do a father daughter day. At lunch I went to local neighbourhood restaurant with her and we did sticker drawings. She ended up drawing name tags for everyone that worked there, including the owner.

Friday the 20th
Fine Madness. 
Saturday the 21st (last day of summer)
The following pieces were done some years ago, when living in Vancouver. I called this series "Collage of Thoughts", because I created the piece panel by panel without a pre sketch or pencil drawing.



Saturday the 22nd (first day of fall)
The following I drew at The Locus, when I lived off of Main Street in Vancouver.

Sunday the 23rd
Not finished yet, but another tattoo design. I love it when people want my own style in the work I make for them.
Monday the 24th
Spider Makes An Ugly Hand - When I first moved to Toronto, I was making one of a kind books with copies, and hand written poems to go with the ink works that I was producing. I hope to do this again, but instead as a printed book like the one I can do with elephoto 
Starting next Monday I will have a new theme for the page. I will still post on the blog every Tuesday. I hope to increase my blog posts to twice a week, but for now it is more consistent for me to speak of my week of work. I am really excited to show and explore Toronto's public sculpture and I will post what I find and present on my TAR (torontoARTrevival)'s facebook page here once a week.
I leave you with a quote by Albert Camus 

A man's work is nothing but this slow trek to rediscover, through
the detours of art, those two or three great and simple images
in whose presence his heart first opened.

Albert Camus


No comments: